About Welker's Grove Nursery Springtime
Welker’s Grove Nursery is a wholesale nursery in the central Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. The nursery is located in Fresno County at 4,500' elevation near Shaver Lake, California. Our phone number is 559 349-0081 and the mailing address is 42170 Cedar Springs Road, Auberry, CA 93602. We specialize in growing native conifers primarily for the purpose of landscaping. We are an online order nursery to provide some of our local and awesome tree species to collectors and gardeners in every state in the USA.
The time required for effective screening, erosion control, windbreaks, and beauty is reduced by at least half with the use of the giant sequoia as compared to our other native species. Welker’s Grove not only provides the trees but also the grower's support to insure success for those who choose to try our trees. We can answer questions and help solve problems with regards to the cultivation of these trees.
Bonsai starters, small dish bonsai, medium dish bonsai, and year old seedlings in spring.
Seedlings and bonsai tables with 1 gallon landscape trees in the back.
The 24 inch box yard in the spring.
Species that We Grow:
- Abies concolor (white fir)
- Abies magnifica (red fir)
- Abies procera (noble fir)
- Acer macrophyllum (big leaf maple)
- Acer palmatum (Japanese maple)
- Acer rubrum (red maple)
- Calocedrus decurrens (incense cedar)
- Cercis occidentalis (western redbud)
- Cornus nuttalli (western dogwood)
- Cupressus arizonica (smooth Arizona cypress)
- Metasequoia glyptostroboides (dawn redwood)
- Picea glauca (white spruce)
- Picea pungens glauca (blue spruce)
- Pinus aristata (bristlecone pine)
- Pinus attenuata (knobcone pine)
- Pinus coulteri (coulter pine)
- Pinus jeffreyi (jeffrey pine)
- Pinus lambertiana (sugar pine)
- Pinus murrayana (lodgepole pine)
- Pinus ponderosa (ponderosa pine)
- Populus tremuloidies (quaking aspen)
- Pseudotsuga macrocarpa (bigcone spruce)
- Pseudotsuga menziesii (douglas fir)
- Quercus douglasii (blue oak)
- Quercus kelloggii (California black oak)
- Quercus lobata (valley oak)
- Quercus wislizneii ( interior live oak)
- Sequoiadendron giganteum (giant sequoia)
- Sequoia sempervirens (coast redwood)
- Thuja plicata (western red cedar)